“What is rooting ? Why should I root and install CWM Recovery into my Samsung Galaxy S3?” These are common questions that user asked and we answer quite often. You can refer step by Step Tutorial here on How To Root Galaxy S3 i9300, AT & T Galaxy S3 SGH-I1747 and T Mobile Galaxy S3.
But before we start to root and install CWM Recovery into your Galaxy S3, a word of caution: rooting or flash custom kernel and ROM into your phone may void your manufacturer’s warranty and possibly “brick” it.
What is Brick? How to unbrick and solve bricked Samsung Galaxy S3?
Brick mean your phones OS kernel was crash and unable boot the OS as normal. The symptoms are -
i) Galaxy S3 keep boot into Recovery Mode. (How to Solve- Reset and Wipe all data in Recovery Mode)
ii) Boot and stuck on Galaxy S3 Logo. (How To Solve- Press Home Button +Volume up+Power button to boot into recovery Mode. Then Reset and Wipe all data in Recovery Mode.)
iii) Unable boot into either Galaxy S3 Logo or Recovery Mode. ( We are still testing how to solve)
Ok. So be careful when you want modify your Galaxy S3 kernel and ROM to to avoid Galaxy S3 Brick. You need to make sure that the Root or CWM Recovery kernel is compatible with your Galaxy S3 Model – GTi9300? SGH-I1747 ? or T Mobile Galaxy S3? Besides this, please don’t unplug the USB cable from your computer during the process flash kernel or ROM into your Galaxy S3 via Odin.
Well, we have show you the tutorial how to flash CWM into your Galaxy S3 GTi9300 before. Then here is tutorial on how to install CWM Recovery into Galaxy S3 GTi9300.
Here, below is the general instruction on how to flash firmware into Galaxy S3 via Odin.
Flash custom kernel and ROM or following these instructions you run the risk of damaging your phone. We are not responsible for what you to to your phone. You may be violating the warranty.
1. Download and install Samsung Kies on your PC. Restart your PC after installation complete.
2. Download CWM Custom Recovery for AT&T Galaxy S3 (.zip) and then Extract the file (now you will get .tar file) into your PC.
2. Go Setting >Developers option to enable USB Debuging on your Galaxy S3 and then Power off your Galaxy S3.
3. Press your Galaxy volume Down+ Power Button + Home Button to enter Downloading Mode.
4. Open Odin (download Link) on PC, then connect your S3 to PC via USB connect USB.
5. Make sure Odin Detect your Galaxy S3 (How to know).
6. Press Odin PDA, then select the downloaded CWM custom Recovery file- CWM-Recovery-LTE-SGS3-v5.tar.md5 .
7. Now click Odin Start button to Flash the CWM-Recovery-LTE-SGS3-v5.tar.md5 into your galaxy S3.
How to Boot AT & T Galaxy S3 SGH-I1747 into ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery Mode?
Power off your phones. Then, to Boot into Recovery Mode, you need hold press the button: Home+Power+Volume UP.