The Android 4.0 device is not experiencing any issues, to our knowledge, but that hasn’t stopped Samsung pushing out updates promising “Improved stability” and nothing else. Samsung has released an early firmware update for the Samsung Galaxy S3. It provides little more than “improved stability”, but should help to smooth-over some of the cracks that are still visible in Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.
If you haven’t been prompted to download the upgrades yet, you can get them by visiting the software updates page within the Android OS settings menu or check via Samsung Kies. Besides this, you also can manually download and flash the firmware into S3 via Odin.
Picture: Flash Android 4.0.4 I9300XXALF2 into S3 via Odin.
Then if you want to root avd install ClockMode Recovery (CWM) on your Galaxy S3 running Android 4.0.4 I9300XXALF2, here is the step by step tutorial:
The Tools you need:
- Odin 3.04: Download Link
- CF-Root-SGS3-v6.0.zip: Download Link. ( After download, please unzip this file. and you will get (CF-Root-SGS3-v6.0.tar)
1. Downloadand install Samsung Kies on your PC. Restart your PC after installation complete.
2. Download the S3 CF-Root-SGS3-v6.0 (.zip) and then Extract the file (CF-Root-SGS3-v6.0 .tar ) into your PC.
2. Go Setting >Developers option to enable USB Debuging on your Galaxy S3 and then Power off your Galaxy S3.
3. Press your Galaxy volume up + Power Button + Home Button to enter Downloading Mode (what is Download Mode).
4. Open Odin (download Link) on PC, then connect your S3 to PC via USB connect USB.
5. Make sure Odin Detect your Galaxy S3 (How to know).
6. Press Odin PDA, then select the CF-Root-SGS3-v6.0 .tar .
7. Now click Odin Start button to Flash the CF-Root-SGS3-v6.0 .tar into your galaxy S3.
8. That all! Your Phone will reboot once the firmware complete flash into your S3.
Now your Galaxy s3 phone Rooted and CWM installed !
FAQ: All My Data and application will be Erase after rooted by flash CF-Root v6.0 into S3? NO. All data and application will remain same.
FAQ: Is it Warning triangle will appear on the boot screen after rooted? No.
FAQ: Is it flash counter will increase after rooted? Yes. But you can reset the counter, here is the tutorial: How To Reset Galaxy S3 Counter.