The latest and Fastest Android OS- Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean was leaked and available for download Now. Samsung previously promised that a Jelly Bean update would be available by the end of August.
But, if you want to try now , then below is the step by step on how to flash this leaked (unofficial) Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean into Galaxy S3 GT i9300. Before start,
Please make sure that:
- This Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean I9300XXDLG4 is only compatible Galaxy S3 GTi9300 and not is for Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile or others.
- Your Galaxy S3 must running Original ROM and not is custom ROM. If your Galaxy S3 is running Custom Rom, then you can refer here (Galaxy S3 Stock ROM) to download and flash original ROM into your Galaxy S3.
- Create a backup (How To) of your phone’s important data to external storage.
- Battery power at least 80% full.
- If you do not have Samsung’s KIES installed, download (Download Link) and install it. Correct USB drivers must be installed, so that programs can communicate with the device. Reboot computer after KIES installation.
- We have success flash this ROM, Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean I9300XXDLG4 into our Galaxy S3 GTi9300 that running I9300DXLH1 . But we are not liable for any damages that could happen to your smartphone. Flash at your own risk. There is a possibility for your phone to get bricked and totally unusable.
Base Firmware: I9300XXDLG4 (4.1.1)
Country: Open Europe
Build Date: 31 July 2012
Change List: 11164
Tutorial How To Flash I9300XXDLG4 into Galaxy S3 GTi9300 via Odin
Download I9300XXDLG4 (zip file) then unzip this file to your PC. Now you will get I9300XXDLG4_NO_CSC_NO_MODEM.tar.md5
Step 1: Set your phones into USB debugging mode: Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging.Then turn off your phones.
Step 2: Turn your phones into download mode by pressing and holding VolumeDown + Home + Power simultaneously. (What is Download Mode?)
Step 3: Download Samsung Odin (Download Link)Start ODIN on PC.
Step 4: Connect the device to your computer using USB.
Step 5: Wait a few seconds, the ODIN screen will show that a device is now connected
- If ODIN not detect your device, then you can refer here on how to solve it.
Step 6: Click the PDA button, then select I9300XXDLG4_NO_CSC_NO_MODEM.tar.md5
Step 7: Press “Start”. ODIN will start flash the firmware.
Step 8: After Flash complete, your Galaxy S3 will Boot into Android System Recovery Mode.
Now you need:
(Note: This step will fully delete all your data and installed application in your Galaxy s3. If not perform this step as below, then your Galaxy S3 will stuck on the boot screen)
- Select and choose perform wide data/factory reset.
- Select and choose perform wipe cache partition > yes – delete all user data
- Then choose Reboot Now.
That’s All! Now your Galaxy S3 is running Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean I9300XXDLG4 .
Download I9300XXDLG4 (4.1.1): Link (XDA, Faryaab)