Flashing custom ROMs is another way to customize your Android experience. With these ROMs, you get to install a more updated or improved Android OS on your device. You also need the help of ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery to safely flash ROMs.
ClockworkMod – also known as Clockwork and CWM – is a custom recovery for Android phones and tablets that allows you to perform several advanced recovery, restoration, installation and maintenance operations on your Android device that aren’t possible with the stock recovery. In what follows, we will cover all that this recovery is capable of doing, and how to do it. In ClockworkMod Mode, you can use the hardware keys Volume up, Down and Power Button to choose and select the option.
What is different ClockworkMod and Touch ClockworkMod ?
Touch ClockworkMod support both Touch screen and hardware keys Volume up, Down and Power Button control in ClockworkMod recovery Mode.
Here latest official version of Touch ClockworkMod Recovery (184.108.40.206) for Galaxy S3 GTI9300 available for download which support Touch screen! Here is the tutorial on How To Install Touch ClockworkMod Recovery on your Galaxy S3 GTi9300:
1. Downloadand install Samsung Kies on your PC. Restart your PC after installation complete.
2. Download the recovery-clockwork-touch-220.127.116.11-i9300.tar (Download Link) to your PC.
2. Go Setting >Developers option to enable USB Debuging on your Galaxy S3 and then Power off your Galaxy S3.
3. Press your Galaxy volume up + Power Button + Home Button to enter Downloading Mode (what is Download Mode).
4. Open Odin (download Link) on PC, then connect your S3 to PC via USB connect USB.
5. Make sure Odin Detect your Galaxy S3 (How to know).
6. Press Odin PDA, then select the recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-i9300.tar .
7. Now click Odin Start button to Flash the recovery-clockwork-touch-22.214.171.124-i9300.tar into your galaxy S3.
8. That all! Your Phone will reboot once the recovery-clockwork-touch-126.96.36.199-i9300.tar complete flash into your S3.