Google’s Android operating system is riding a wave of popularity. However, despite the relative openness and flexibility of the OS, your Android phone still isn’t as powerful and customizable as it could be. To unlock all of your phone’s potential, you’ll need to root (Link: Tutorial How To Root Galaxy S3 – T Mobile, Sprint, AT & T, GTi9300) and install CWM Recovery on it.
What is ClockworkMod recovery?
ClockworkMod recovery is one of the most widely used custom Android recoveries that is available for most mainstream Android devices. You can use ClockMod Recovery to install custom ROM, backup stock ROM, Factory Reset and More.
reboot system now
install zip from sdcard
wipe data / factory reset
wipe cache partition
backup and restore
backup (also backs up ext partition and installed apps to sdcard)
restore (also restores ext partition and installed apps to sdcard)
mounts and storage
mount / unmount /cache
mount / unmount /data
mount / unmount /sdcard
mount / unmount /system
mount / unmount /sd-ext
mount / unmount /cache
mount USB storage
wipe Dalvik Cache
wipe Battery Stats
partition SD Card
Ext Size (formatting as ext4)
Swap Size (Set this to 0)
Rest Size is for vfat
ClockworkMod Recovery is a secondary recovery option for Android devices made by xda deveolper Koush. Now, developer koush has announced and released a major new version (Version 6.0) of ClockworkMod Recovery. This new version of CWM brings a host of new features, like faster backups, incremental backups and some UI tweaks.
Here is the step by step Tutorial on How to install CWM V6.0 into Galaxy S3 GT i9300:
1. Downloadand install Samsung Kies on your PC. Restart your PC after installation complete.
2. Download Galaxy S3 recovery-clockwork-touch-188.8.131.52-i9300.tar to your PC.
2. Go Setting >Developers option to enable USB Debuging on your Galaxy S3 and then Power off your Galaxy S3.
3. Press your Galaxy volume down + Power Button + Home Button to enter Downloading Mode. (what is Galaxy S3 download Mode?)
4. Open Odin (download Link) on PC, then connect your S3 to PC via USB connect USB.
5. Make sure Odin Detect your Galaxy S3 (How to know).
6. Press Odin PDA, then select the recovery-clockwork-touch-184.108.40.206-i9300.tar.
7. Now click Odin Start button to Flash the firmware into your galaxy S3.
8. That all! Your Phone will reboot once the firmware complete flash into your S3.
FAQ: How to Boot into CWM Recovery Mode on Galaxy S3?
Hold Press Volume Up +Home Button + Power Button (note: press this 3 button in the same time). Releases this 3 button when you get the Samsung Galaxy S3 Text Display on the screen. Now you will boot into CWM Recovery Mode.