Here is Galaxy S3 updated firmware download link list and info on how to flash into Galaxy S3. Always remember your old firmware details, so that you can revert it back once encountered some issues when flashing.
You can check your device product code by typing *2767*4387264636#. Each Samsung Galaxy S3 devices had a unique product code varies from each country of origin. It does not always mean that you lived in the UK you always got the XEU version, it may also happen that your device is already unlocked and purchased from other regions.
How To Check Galaxy S3 firmware information:
1. You may first check your device current firmware information by,
Model Number: Go to Settings > About > Model Number Example: GT-I9300
Android Version: Go to Settings > About > Android Version Example: Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Product Code: Type Keypad > *2767*4387264636# Example: GT-I9300xxxXSA
Firmware Versions: TypwKeypad > *#1234#
Kernel Version: Setting > About > Kernel Version Example: 126.96.36.199-I9300XWKE2-CL187606 root @DELL101#2
Download Galaxy S3 Latest Firmware Link
Here is the latest Samsung Galaxy S3 firmware download link. You can download the related firmware as listed below form here ( Galaxy S3 and Note ROM , update Galaxy S3 firmware or samsung-updates.com ), As we mention as above, you can check your firmware version by type on the Keypad > *#1234# . Or you can check at Settings > About Device and refer to the baseband version. For example: I9300DXLE8 mean:
I9300 = Model
DX = Region code or Network Code
LE = Release-Date of the Firmware
8 = Revision
Please download the latest specific firmware files that match to your device information – country and carrier network.
BD = Cyprus, Griechenland
BH = Mitteleuropäisch
CE = Niederlande, Belgien
CP = Finland
DB = Vietnam
DC = Thailand
DD = India
DT = Australien
DX = Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam
DZ = Malaysia, Singapore
JA = Süd Africa
JC = Algeria, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Tunisia
JP = Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey
MT = Schweiz
PO = Frankreich
XA = Österreich, France, Italien, Schweiz, Niederlande, England
XB = Dänemark, Schweden, Norwegen
XC = Portugal, Spanien
XD = Croatia, Czech, Hungary, Slovakia
XE = Bulgaria, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Ukraine (Eastern Europe)
XF = Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania
XG = unter anderen Deutschland
XX = Österreich, Belgien, Frankreich, Deutschland, Ungarn, Italien, Spanien, United Kingdom (Western Europe)
XP = Europe (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Nederlands, Polski, Portugues and Turkish)
XW = UK, Italy, Germany, France, Australia, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland
ZC = China, Hong Kong
ZH = Hong Kong
ZT = Taiwan
How To Update/Flash Galaxy S3 Firmware Via Odin
Here, below is the general instruction on how to flash firmware into Galaxy S3 via Odin.
1. Download and install Samsung Kies on your PC. Restart your PC after installation complete.
2. Download the S3 firmware (.zip) and then Extract the file (now you will get .tar file) into your PC.
2. Go Setting >Developers option to enable USB Debuging on your Galaxy S3 and then Power off your Galaxy S3.
3. Press your Galaxy volume Down+ Power Button + Home Button to enter Downloading Mode.
4. Open Odin (download Link) on PC, then connect your S3 to PC via USB connect USB.
5. Make sure Odin Detect your Galaxy S3 (How to know).
6. Press Odin PDA, then select the downloaded firmware (.tar).
7. Now click Odin Start button to Flash the firmware into your galaxy S3.
8. That all! Your Phone will reboot once the firmware complete flash into your S3.