Samsung has releases new firmware update for Samsung Galaxy S3. This new latest firmware code name is Android 4.0.4 XXBLBF and has few improvement compare to previous firmware. AS we mention before, you can update your Galaxy S3 via Samsung Kies or manually download the firmware and flash into Galaxy S3 via Odin. You can refer tutorial here(link) to learn how to update Galaxy S3 or tutorial below on how to flash official Android 4.0.4 XXBLFB into Galaxy S3 GT i9300:
How To Update/Flash Galaxy S3 Firmware Via Odin
1. Downloadand install Samsung Kies on your PC. Restart your PC after installation complete.
2. Download the S3 firmware ( I9300XXBLFB_I9300OXABLFB_BTU.zip) and then Extract the file (now you will get .tar file) into your PC.
2. Go Setting >Developers option to enable USB Debuging on your Galaxy S3 and then Power off your Galaxy S3.
3. Press your Galaxy volume up + Power Button + Home Button to enter Downloading Mode. (What is Downloading Mode?)
4. Open Odin (download Link) on PC, then connect your S3 to PC via USB connect USB.
5. Make sure Odin Detect your Galaxy S3 (How to know).
6. Press Odin PDA, then select the downloaded firmware – I9300XXBLFB_I9300OXABLFB_BTU.tar. (Note: This is .Tar file)
7. Now click Odin Start button to Flash the firmware into your galaxy S3.
8. Odin will show you “PASS” once success flash Android 4.0.4XABLFB into Galaxy S3. Your Phone will reboot once the firmware complete flash into your S3.
Picture: Example Flash I9300DXLEB firmware into Galaxy S3.
FAQ: What is different update S3 firmware between Kies or Odin?
Kies application is official tools from Samsung. So, update firmware process via Kies application more secure from risk compare flash via Odin. But Kies only allow you to update only when the firmware is available or reach on your region. Here is the tutorial link: http://rootgalaxys3iii.com/root-galaxy-s3-tutorial-how-to-update-galaxy-s3-firmware-via-samsung-kies/
FAQ: How to root and install CWM into Galaxy S3 Android 4.0.4 XXBLFB firmware?
You can root via CF Root, here is the tutorial: http://rootgalaxys3iii.com/root-galaxy-s3-tutorial-one-click-root-cwm-for-galaxy-s3-via-odin/